McConnell Air Force Base
To purchase a basic fishing license,
- Register for an account. Fill out the required details.
- Log into your account.
- Select the base fishing permit and follow the instructions.
For information on fishing on McConnell AFB, or if you caught a fish with a pink tag, visit the Fishing & Regulations tab.
In addition to fishing, there is a lot of other outdoor activities going on at McConnell. A lot of people don't realize the base is home to a Natural Resources department, or what they do for the base.
This website gives you a little more information and we always welcome visitors at our office (Building 9) as well! When you walk into the hanger the second office on the right is home to Tina Seemeyer, Natural Resource Manager. The far office in the back is home to Laura Mendenhall, the resident biologist on base working through the U.S. Fish and Wildlife.
In short, some of our duties include:
- Monitoring wildlife (plants, animals, insects, BASH risks, and more)
- Monitoring use of land which might affect wildlife (new development, construction, spills)
- Working with engineers, technicians, and many others to promote a safe and healthy base for all
We hope to continue to serve McConnell AFB and promote outreach to teach and learn more about the many wonderful natural resources we are all a part of here in the beautiful Wichita, Kansas.
Questions, comments, concerns? Feel free to stop by Building 9 on base to talk to us, or contact:
Laura Mendenhall: 316-759-5765 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Tina Seemayer:759-4445, email@example.com